sadhbh_baxter

laundry cupboard in apartment

Sadhbh Baxter
7 years ago

We're renting a two bed apt and can do a few smaller things in it, nothing too major... I want to get a dishwasher but the most appropriate space for it, under the drainer, is where the washing machine is. We have a condenser dryer that is out in the 'dining area' and on a wooden floor, whereas the kitchen is tiled. I think the easiest solution for us would be to make a laundry cupboard of sorts in that corner of the dining area, and stack the washing machine and dryer there, making space in the kitchen for the dishwasher. So, my questions are these... is this a good idea at all? Should we put some waterproof tray type base to protect the floor? Is it advisable to sound proof the cupboard somehow? Thanks

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.