niamh6426

Window Dressing Expertise needed!!

niamh
8 years ago

Hello all,

So my living room extension is just about complete (6m * 6m), I painted it yesterday and am waiting for it to dry out a little more before putting down the oak flooring (still to be bought!!)

I have bought the furniture in the picture below ( 2 purple couches, a grey couch - not in the photo, and the green footstool) which is in storage & being delivered later this month.

My new dilemma is about window dressing. The second photograph below is the extension and I have 3, 1 meter windows - 1 either side of the fireplace (south facing) and 1 the other side of the room (north facing). On the westerly side of the room we have a 3m centred window and 2, 0.5m windows either side.

How am I going to dress all the windows? I was thinking a voile curtain on a track and eyelet curtains on the 1m windows which will be pulled back to one side only (see 3rd image below!)

Regarding the large window space - are there any recommendations? It is facing the back garden which is private not overlooked so I'm thinking a voile track across the whole lot and stationary curtains at either side. I want to be able to have full view of the window because we have the most magnificent view over the mountains to the rear. I'm lost about what to do so any help greatly appreciated!!!

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.