egreevy

Should we merge our ensuite and main bathroom to make 1 large bathroom

Edel
8 years ago

We live in a dormer, 3 bedrooms upstairs, 1 downstairs.

We have an ensuite off our master bedroom (4.2sqm) and bathroom next door (4.9sqm). We have another toilet & shower downstairs (3.6sqm) and that is the extent of bathrooms in our house. We have 2 little boys under 3 with no plans for any more kids.

If merge the 2 bathrooms into one & not have an entrance from our bedroom, we gain a wall of wardrobes in a bedroom that is very tight on wardrobe space & a decent sized family bathroom (about 9sqm). As it is both our bathrooms are tight, which makes it less comfortable for multiple people to be in either at the same time..

I love the idea of a large bathroom and now while the kids are small it would be amazing.. but will we regret it as they get older? Love to hear thoughts on the matter & other angles that I might not have considered.

Thanks so much

Edel

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.