michaelquigley

What do you think about the layout? Any recommendations?

michaelquigley
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Hi All,
I've just started an extension that has the attached plan as our starting point. What we are looking to achieve is an open plan kitchen and living area and enough space to include a downstairs toilet/shower and utility room.
Initial we had planned to use all of the space where the current kitchen is for the toilet/shower/utility area but felt that having a hallway to run straight through the house would be a better option. Otherwise, access would be through the sitting room or dining room (where there is an existing door). However, it feels like this would be wasted space in this area.
Note the design for the kitchen/living area can be changed slightly but I'd prefer to keep it on the same side where it is now. I think an island unit with a hob included would be great in which to be able to view the same tv that will be in front of the couch on the opposite wall. Would like to keep it open plan so that it's a common place for inviting guests and opening up onto the garden. Note - this project is in Ireland, so I'm not expecting lots of hot weather :) Additional information is that there are only two of us in the house at the moment.
Thank you all in advance for your recommendations.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.