wlg3

Beautiful stairs.We have a long run of 12 steps on a straight stair

wlg3
9 years ago
case as well but our railing company is insisting on a post midway down to prevent flex in the wood handrail. Can you tell me how this railing was achieved without using the extra post. My spindles are going to be similar to these as well. Specific information for how this railing was done would be greatly appreciated.
Lorraine Vale · More Info

Comments (5)

• harrycage
    9 years ago
    This is indeed a great inspiration for home stairs. They look pretty nice. Have you tried to ask a local stair builder for help? IMO, they can come up with good ideas on how to do that. I had an installation/ builder team from Allstair before and they did a great job.
    wlg3 thanked harrycage
  • luluquags
    9 years ago
    Can you please tell me the maker of the chandelier? I'd be so grateful.
  • PRO
    Itrimit
    9 years ago

I believe I can assure you there is nothing special about the staircase you have shown and there's no magic involved. 12 steps is not an unusual length to span with a handrail of that size,in fact if you look at a few pages of staircases I think you'd be hard pressed to find one with a post in the middle. I suggest you check out other stair and railing companies in your neighbourhood.

wlg3 thanked Itrimit
  • PRO
    Macomb Stairs and Millwork
    9 years ago
    Great inspiration, it is a beautiful staircase! The best way to make sure you have no flex in the railing is to have each baluster (spindle) bolted to the stair treads. A good quality stair company will do this without you having to ask for it. Good luck!
  • Veronica S
    5 years ago
    Thank you for mentioning this! Our stair guy is insisting we add a post after 9 feet!
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.