toria_jamieson

How to finish this kitchen off (and maybe insert some more colour)?

Toria J
last month
last modified: last month

Am in the middle of redecorating the kitchen. It was rather overdue.

Before:

Kitchen finishing · More Info

Current:

I've replaced the lights, extended the tiling of the backsplash, rejigged the cabinets to complete the run along the window, and built a cupboard around the ASHP, but the main job has been the walls, which I've stripped and papered and just painted the first coat. It's a lemon white.

Questions:

- Is it too acidic?

- What colour for the unit ends and cupboards? (My original plan was to paint them in a silver bilberry, to tone with the counters and floor, but I'm not sure if sticking with the lemon would be better, and less overwhelming.

- Where else can I add colour please or improve it? I'll be reinstalling the blinds and architrave around the windows once I've finished painting.

More pics/inspo are in my 'Kitchen finishing' folder.

Any thoughts gratefully appreciated, thank you. It's the first room as you open the door (which I plan to replace for something more secure), so I'd like to get it right.

Thank you.

x

Comments (9)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.