webuser_71660

vinyl flooring in a bedroom??

Tani H-S
4 years ago
Having finally (WHOOP) moved our sofa into our new extension from our temporary lounge, we now have to finish the old room and make it into the spare bedroom. It’s about 12’ sq with a bay window and we have replaced the old floorboards which were rotten, with flooring osb/ply stuff. Not T&G though. So we have a few gaps where pieces are screwed down in sections and it was done like this because the stop tap is under the floor so we need an access hatch in the corner.

I wanted to put a wood laminate down as it’s North facing and drab and didn’t want carpet. Husband wants carpet as easy to pull up for access so I thought .... what about a single vinyl flooring that looks like wood?? Maybe a herringbone effect?

What do you guys think? I know usually it’s stuck down but as we have gaps and recessed screw holes it will show all these when walked on. So I though we have a load of that gold foam underlay - could we put this down first before the vinyl is laid?

Comments (13)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.