webuser_21289340

Kitchen paint colours - we need help!!

Coldwater
5 years ago

So I've posted at the end of one of my previous posts but had no replies :( so hoping a new post will do it! You've all got great ideas so would love love love to hear your ideas and suggestions!

We're getting the kitchen spray painted soon and are stuck with what colours/shades to go for and if what we would like would work.

So we're thinking of a different island colour on the cupboards and wondering if darker would look ok. Perhaps downpipe as shown picture 4. Then all other cupboards a grey. However we are unsure what shade would work well. Any suggestions please? What do you think?

We have Dulux Egyptian Cotton on the walls and will be painting the red wall Inchya Blue. The shelves on the right are being replaced with similar to picture five. We have the tiles in picture three behind the hob which we don't want to change. Will it be too much grey? The first two pictures are of the kitchen as it is now.

We like a contemporary look. The house is a old farmhouse with low ceilings and can be quite dark in the summer (though we get sunshine flooding in early morning and in the winter) but it has a modern contemporary feel so don't want it a farmhouse style if that makes sense!

Thanks for your help!!!

Comments (31)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.