towanda53

This dining room is holding me hostage ...

Cindy
10 years ago
... I can't walk by this room without stopping to stare at it in hopes that a brilliant idea will finally dawn. We did some remodeling 3 years ago. The kitchen turned out great, but I'm in a quandary about how to finish the resulting new dining room (former living room).
It's a north-facing room that demanded a dramatic, colorful something to bring it to life: Cue the rug. I love the rug. It stays. The plantation shutters stay. The table is a family heirloom and must also stay. I'd like to keep hutch.
The old clock in corner and piano are just visitors in the room looking for a new home. They'll be evicted ASAP.
-- Need something for blank wall, but what? Large mirror?
-- And I'd also like to get different chairs that aren't so wide in the front so that we can squeeze more chairs around the table for holiday dinners.
--Also considering a drum shade chandelier.
Suggestions?

Comments (743)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.