certainlyakey

Cooker hood (recirculation) – install without the top part?

Alex
last month

Hi everybody! Such a nice forum, been reading through it quite a lot.

Our kitchen has a particular problem making it seemingly incompatible with many conventional cooker hoods – a lower, sloped part of ceiling (see the photo below). Because of that we have been considering recirculation, eg looking at wall-installed sloped/angled hoods such as this one from Electrolux.

However, all of them come with a metal cover for a duct included ("chimney" part). And in our case that metal cover would make the hood hanging too low over the hob. My question is – is it possible to just skip installing the vertical chimney (since air is recirculated anyway)?

I've found this apparently as one option in the manual (marked as F1). The red circle marks the top chimney part that I'm talking about.

But not sure whether it means what i think it means and also whether it applies just to Electrolux or also to angled hoods of other brands.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)

• Jonathan
    last month

Personally I think you need something different. I would build a box up to the sloped ceiling and put a canopy extractor inside. Since you are shopping around consider trying to find one with a better extraction rate.

• PRO
    Luxe Ltd
    last month

It worked for me, this is the Neff angled hood, the ceiling was too high so we just removed the chimney part altogether.

Alex thanked Luxe Ltd
  • Sarah L
    last month

F1 means you use it without ducting

Alex thanked Sarah L
  • Alex
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you for the replies and sharing your experiences!

It seems then it is possible to use this approach (although it’s still interesting whether this applies to any brand or not). I will try to report back if it worked with an Electrolux in our case or not.

@LuxeLtd the kitchen looks awesome!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.