alma2023

Advice on Extractor finish in new kitchen please

Al
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

We had a new kitchen installed before Xmas. My understanding was that I was getting a 110cm extractor fan to align with my cooker. The kitchen designer supplied a 90cm fan (falcon- very good, but not 110cm).

I am unhappy with 90cm aesthetics- however on reading contract I signed for 90cms. Disappointed as kitchen designer knew all dimensions in kitchen and was well aware of cooker size and that I wanted.

Besides the width, I think the chimney looks out of place and just ends mid air. Kitchen designer not happy to put chimney to roof - his aesthetics!! Or other option would be to fill in the space at either side with cabinets in keeping with the side and length of current cabinets. Front of extractor fan where buttons are will be visible, not the rest. What do you think?

Kitchen designer keeps saying to go to extractor fan website to view style, I've attached a screenshot but all those photos don't have cabinets at either side. Would love your advice, photos, opinions please, thank you.

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.