livingroomz

Advice for kitchen seating area

livingroomz
Hi I am looking for advice on wall finish/colour for a small seating area at the end of my uninspiring, dark kitchen in the uninspiring dark rental house I currently live in. All the walls in the kitchen are magnolia and the kitchen cabinets are light wood with black countertops. My choices are very limited by the colours already in the room but some can be removed (i.e. the rug or cushions). As you may have guessed, by the €7 ikea lack coffee table, budget is also an issue so I am really hoping to spend very little on updating this area. I have the landlords permission to paint the walls but due to budget constraints I am hoping to be able to leave the other three walls magnolia and just have a feature wall. I also plan to improve the lighting situation with either standing floor lamp or side table lamp and also a low hanging large shaded ceiling light. I was also thinking of hanging pictures or art work on the wall over the couch. I was hoping somebody could give me some advice on wall colour/finish and also comment on my proposed modifications. I know The choices are
limited by what is already there but I am trying to make the best out of what I have.