webuser_159822510

Impact of sheen on paint colour

R E
2 months ago

I’m trying to match an existing wall colour in my bathroom. I think I’ve found 3 near matches in Dulux colours - Chiffon Silk, Lilac Sapphire and Lavender chalk (in that order in pic 1, reverse in pic 2):

To me these all look fairly similar from the tester cards, with Lilac Sapphire looking closest to me. However, having gone and bought testers, I’m finding that Lilac Sapphire seems to be drying lighter, and Lavender Chalk darker.

The key difference is that the existing wall colour seems to be a bathroom / soft sheen finish, whereas the testers are all Matt (they don’t seem to do bathroom / soft sheen testers).

Is this likely to impact the finished colour, and if so, what would the anticipated impact be? My gut feeling is Lavender Chalk looks like the closest option if this were lighter due to more light being reflected?

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.