florin_vahgelt

Uneven gap between stone and plaster

F
5 months ago

I just had stone bench-tops installed and there are several uneven gaps between the stone and plasterboard.

On one end of the bench, you can fit a whole tile in between the gap.. and the other side is flush.

I understand there is a discrepancy with the wall.. but how can this be rectified? The slabs don’t even align?

Is this normal?

Comments (9)

• F
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Yes needs to have plaster and tiles etc still.

• Sonia
    5 months ago

Uneven walls are pretty common especially in older properties. It all looks a little unfished. Will the fitter be coming back to finish the grouting?

• Jonathan
    5 months ago

There won’t be gaps when everything is finished

• Isla Cherry
    5 months ago

No this isn't normal. It does not look like it was templated properly. The worksurface should follow the line of the wall. I had a Grade II listed barn with no 90 deg. corners and my worksurface fitted perfectly. Are you having upstands as that might hide it? Don't let them fill a big hole with some silicone. If that is the finished result I hope you have some recourse to correction and have not paid it all up front! Not acceptable.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.