dee_smyth89

Space needed for counter top

Dee Smyth
5 months ago

Hi There, we are renovating a bungalow and moving the kitchen to an extension in the back. The kitchen will run along the gable wall with an island opposite. There will be 2 large windows on the walls either side of the kitchen and I am worried that they will be too close to the countertop. They are tall windows, not quite floor to ceiling but still will go lower than the countertop.

Attached is an image it says the distance from outside wall to window is 1.05m but unfortunately this is less, as a result the distance between the inside wall to the window opening is only 64cm. As far as I understand most kitchen countertops are 60cm, is that right? We plan to put thin thermal plasterboard (about 20mm) on inside of the walls so my question is will 64cm be ok or should we make the window openings smaller to give us more room?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.