webuser_559743979

Hob with downdraft extractor ducted out at hob level

9 months ago

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice from anyone who might have installed such extractor.

I'll be adding a vented hob with an integrated downdraft extractor on a row of units put against an exterior wall and I can't find any examples of drawings in instructions of several manufacturers of the ducting pipe going straight into the outside wall at hob level (meaning just under the worktop/top of the hob unit) instead it always seems to show the ducting pipe going down all the way to plinth level and then out through the wall.

What could be the disadvantages of ducting out at hob level (between 60cm to 80cm high from the floor)?

Has anyone here ever installed the ducting pipe like that?

The reason for considering this is that it always says in the manufacturer instructions the fewer bows present to duct the air out the better + it would not impact/reduce the bottom drawer depth of the hob unit with this solution.

Thanks so much for any advice.

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.