webuser_265012703

Which design for my angular garden?

11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

I moved in to my new build over 7 years ago and found some inspiration for managing the awkward, angular fence using borders (the brown areas on the plan below) and now have some well established shrubs that are gradually disguising the edges...but no patio area.

The garden is north east facing and it's the end of the garden and the angular fence line that get a lot of sun in summer.

I got a professional design done last year which introduced a circular design whilst retaining my existing borders. I really like the idea of zones in a garden and I struggle to get my head round how close the seating area and eating areas are...and that there is no real purpose for one of the circular areas - other than to house a seldom used rotary washing line.

I've tried to come up with my own ideas many times continuing the 'square to the house' theme of the borders. I've attached one here which is still work in progress - it annoys me I haven't aligned the long-stepping stones, and some zones are still without purpose...Ideally I'd fit in a small greenhouse - this could be on the left of the design in the unused grass space, or against the boundary to reduce visibility from the house. But is this too ambitious and will everything just look small?

I'd welcome your thoughts on the options...or perhaps there's another option entirely...

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.