laura_maguire38

Arranging furniture/rug placement

9 months ago
last modified: 9 months ago

Hi everyone. First time poster here.

I want to replace the rug in my living room, which moved with us from an old house. It's always felt awkward in the space as it's not quite centred with or anchored to anything. I've been trying to figure out what to do for ages, but I really need some help deciding what to replace it with (i.e size) and where to put it. All the 'rules of thumb' I can find about placing legs of furniture on it etc don't seem to work. It's a large space with an off-centre fireplace and the layout is a bit awkward. The rug we currently have is 160x230 cm for some idea of the current size

I'm also open to ideas about the rug design/colour and other furniture/soft furnishings you would put in there as we need more storage and want to replace the old Ikea Kallax units too.

Rules: Sofas are staying but could be moved. The TV has to stay in front of the window or in the corner due to wiring.

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.