webuser_53515471566

Complementary colour that goes with both F&B Railings and Down pipe?

10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

We have a bright south facing kitchen with east and west facing skylights, white walls and dark antique pine floorboards on the floor. We've got a new shaker kitchen to paint, with cararra style quartz worktops (white with a reasonably faint grey vein). I'm hoping to paint the island in either F&B Railings or Down Pipe, but I'm hoping to paint the rest of the kitchen a complementary lighter colour. I'd like to paint this first so I need a colour that goes with both. I need to use a fairly light colour as part of the kitchen goes down an inbound corridor with little natural light so I need something light on the cabinets that run down the outside walls that carry on into this area. I'm really struggling with what to use. I've tested cornforth white as I've seen it used with Railings elsewhere but on the small area I've used it, it looks a really mushroomey beige in our kitchen instead of the grey I expected and I don't really like it - possibly the warmish floor and south facing light is changing it somewhat. Any suggestions for colours that would work with either colour on the island please?

Comments (14)

• PRO
    10 months ago

Hello Rachel, love your choice of colour for the island - F & B Railings or Down Pipe, the best complementary lighter colour that can go well with the rest of the kitchen can be - for Down Pipe, you can look at F&B Stony Ground to give you a softer and subtle look or F&B Dimpse which is more of a subtle grey. For Railings - you can look at a delicate pink of F & B Tailor Tack or a delicate grey of F & B Wevet. I would love to see the end result ! Thanks Rajashri from Design Scheme.

• 10 months ago

Sorry, I think you've misunderstood, I'm looking for one colour that goes with both railings and downpipe. I wish to paint the lighter colour first and then decide on the island afterwards. Ideally looking for a neutal grey or off white type colour. Thanks

• PRO
    10 months ago

Thanks for clarifying Rachel, then i would go with Wevet or Dimpse. Wevet will make it look more brighter with a greyish tone. Hope this helps.

• 10 months ago

We did cornforth white on the units and downpipe on the island. Timeless.

• 10 months ago

Another vote here for Dipse….. but since marble can vary so much in colour you should check if yours goes best with a blue grey or brown grey.

• 10 months ago

It’s definitely a blue grey I would say. Board of samples from left to right pavilion grey, purbeck stone, moles breath, downpipe, and there is cornforth white on the panel behind the photo showing the floor.

• 10 months ago

I’d say from the photos that pavilion grey is the better match.

• PRO
    10 months ago

Thats a great choice. Just wanted to share some photos of Wevet.

• 10 months ago

It’s lovely but I think it might be a little bright white for our space.

• 10 months ago

Have a look at Ammonite. I’ve not seen it on kitchen units but I have on walls. Even in a dark area it is quite light. This picture shows Ammonite, top, with Worsted below.

• 9 months ago

@siobhanmcgee90 could you share some pictures please?

• 9 months ago

siobhanmcgee90 that looks beautiful

• 9 months ago

Thanks Mark. It is over 7 years since it was done so overall it has worn well other than a few spots on the edges.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.