webuser_552205089

Portrush and torquay in kitchen

Cj
last year

Hi
I’m renovating my kitchen and would like advice on a cambria color that will compliment Portrush.

I decided on Portrush to use on the navy blue island but can’t decide on a complimentary color for the countertops and backsplash.

The backsplash will go up the wall past the range venthood. I think Portrush would be too much all over counters and backsplash so I am limiting it to the island.

I am considering torquay for the countertops and backsplash. Would love ideas!

Portrush

Comments (16)

• Lynn Lou
    last year

Sorry...I have no advice. But I love Portrush! It is gorgeous in person. We considered it, but we had just completed our master bath reno and did blue in there. What color are your perimeter cabinets? Most pros suggest one color for the counters if you have two cabinet colors. Also, check out posts on here about quartz as a backsplash behind a range. Some have ended up with scorch marks on their quartz. Just be sure to read and reread the specs of your range/cooktop. Oh and be sure you approve the template for the layout of your counters prior to them being cut. If your fabricator doesn't do this, then find another fabricator. Good luck with your project!

• PRO
    Ouroboros Design
    last year
    last modified: last year

Nothing with a pattern will work. Lok at Hadley, and match your blue island to it.

• Cj
    Original Author
    last year

Lynn Lou, thank you so very much. Very helpful!! The perimeter cabinets will be white

• BPMBA
    last year

The Cambria web site suggests complementary quartz. In your case, it recommends Malvern, Mayfair or Hadley.

• Cj
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks BPMBA!

• PRO
    Cambria
    last year

Hi @Cj, thank you for choosing Cambria for your home! When looking for design help, feel free to refer to our website, where you can find Cambria Design Match tools. We suggest looking at #MyCambria Malvern, Mayfair, or Hadley for complementary Cambria designs to Portrush. For inspiration images, visit our inspiration gallery: http://bit.ly/3ISsicq

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    last year

I'd go for a solid white counter for the perimeter. Make sure it works with both the Portrush and your white paint for the cabinets.

• Cj
    Original Author
    last year

Hi Lynn Lou, I’m tempted to go all the way with Portrush but am nervous. Will post pictures once complete!

• Cj
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks cambria, malvern seems like a really good option too. I haven’t seen a two tone kitchen with two different counter tops which I think is the challenge. Our island will be navy and other cabinets will be white

• Cj
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you Sabrina Alfin, I did think about white as well. Dilemma there was the expense and not getting more of a statement design but it could be the safe way to go. Thank you!

• RedRyder
    last year

Your choice is too stunning to only use in your island. What about using this on the perimeter and something plain on the island? That design is a knockout. I don’t think it will be too much. A plain white backsplash tile will look great with it.

Your other choice has to be very “quiet” - probably no pattern at all.

• flatcalm
    last year

We used it on both the island and the perimeter. That helped to tie the blue and white cabinets together. We then used white handmade look subway tile for the backsplash. Looks great

• Cj
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks Red ryder! I agree that the other choice has to be quiet. I am avoiding tile to limit the cleaning efforts by using the slab on BS instead.

• Cj
    Original Author
    last year

That sounds perfect flatcalm. Just did not want tile for our kitchen.

• PRO
    Kitchen Associates
    last year

"Cambria Art of the Show House." Cambria Portrush example

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.