webuser_426005028

Colour scheme ideas for long rectangular bedroom

HU-426005028
last year

I'm looking at redecorating my bedroom, which is quite long and rectangular having originally been two separate bedrooms (it was already combined into one when we bought the property).

Not really looking to make any big changes to layout, but finding it difficult to decide on a good colour scheme given the almost full wall of wardrobes. I'm very keen to paint these, as the whole space is pretty much a 'beige box' right now, but they take up a large portion of the wall, so worried any colour I choose might overwhelm the space.

Does anyone have any thoughts? The bedroom has a window on each short wall - the one nearest the bed gets lots of nice warm light through from morning to late afternoon, so I'm looking to really make the most of this. However, I've tended to lean towards 'cooler' colours elsewhere, like greys and greens, so feeling a bit out of my comfort zone!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.