melissa_barnes255

Colour scheme for Bedroom to co-ordinate with Duvet

Dell123
9 years ago
I have just purchased this gorgeous duvet cover - see pic, so I'm now trying to decide on the colour scheme for the room (that is currently a rather bright blue thanks to the previous owners!).

The room is 9ft 7 wide on what would be the feature wall and 13ft long on the longest wall. One other wall has windows and the other built-in-robes.

I was originally thinking a plum or reddy/wine for the feature wall - see pic with a light grey for the rest of the walls. Either of the colours work really well with the cover so I just have to decide which I like better.

However I was then wondering about doing a darkish grey feature wall instead - something like the Benjamin Moore Chelsea Gray and then introducing the colour through cushions etc. However the carpet will also be grey and a lot of the rooms I have seen here have wooden floors or lighter carpet. I'm also wondering if the room is too small for a dark colour?

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.