derrickks

The biggest bathroom trends to transform your space into a cozy retrea

W3webrank
last year
last modified: last year

A collage of five of the top bathroom trends of 2022 with reflective pink tiles, minimalist white with freestanding furniture and blue sink basin with blue wall tiles The top bathroom trends of 2022 will help to elevate your space to new levels of interior design, with inspiration for all whether you're planning to completely renovate your bathroom or just tweak it with a few cosmetic changes to create a spa-like sanctuary for cozy nights in.

Despite being used daily, bathrooms tend to be overlooked when it comes to refreshing the design. That may be because a full bathroom renovation is costly and a huge inconvenience, but applying the top interior design trends of 2022 to your space doesn't have to be. It can be as simple as adding a new on-trend color to the walls or an abundance of plants. Visit here if you need bathroom design picture.

From wood-effect tiles and fluted textures to bold wallpaper yes, wallpaper trends have arrived for bathrooms too to neutral accessories, these are the top bathroom trends, colors, and styles that interiors and trends experts agree are proving most popular this year and beyond...

Top bathroom trends 2022 1. Bathroom fireplaces Black bathroom with marble shower and gold fittings with a key bathroom trend of a decorative fireplace

Bathroom fireplaces are trending, not necessarily as a means to keep your house warm in winter but to provide a design focus that welcomes an element of coziness. Monya Boyle, senior interior designer at Showers to You offers her thoughts as to why bathroom fireplaces have become increasingly popular. “Bathroom fireplaces have become the unlikely trend taking off this season because homeowners are looking to create larger bathroom spaces that increase our sense of well-being and allow us to indulge in self-care rituals. Real Estate agencies have also confirmed that fireplaces are one of the top-ranking features that homebuyers search for when hunting for a new property, so a fireplace can be an especially attractive asset in the bathroom.

“Fireplaces are more of a luxury, romantic feature, than an energy-efficient item, but we still love them! Over the recent months, we are embracing having fireplaces in bathrooms as we love to save original features where possible. Having a fireplace in the bathroom creates a beautiful focal point and gives real character to the bathroom."

2. Impactful patterns

Burnt orange swirl patterned tiles on the wall behind a sink to show the bathroom trend for using pattern

Similar to choosing a bolder choice of living room paint color or daring kitchen cabinet choices, the bathroom no needs to be a white space devoid of personality purely because of resale value.

"Patterned tiles in vibrant hues and bolder styles are becoming more popular as homeowners are willing to unleash their creativity in the bathroom," explains Richard Skeoch, director at Hyperion Tiles. "There are a variety of ways in which you can use them to achieve a greater effect."

"From choosing mosaic tiles to clad a statement bath to large-scale patterned tiles such as this Bert & May Marigold Maze tile in a compact cloakroom, there are plenty of options, which can help you add your own personal touch to your project. Using patterns can elevate any interior design."

3. Fluted textures

gray bathroom with dark gray colored fluted freestanding bath showing the latest bathroom trends of 2022

As we've seen in the biggest kitchen trends for 2022 fluted finishes, whether it be glass or cabinet panels, are hugely popular to add a tactile element to both kitchen and bathroom designs. Lee Reed, Design Director at Easy Bathrooms, says: “Fluting originated from architecture and is usually achieved through a series of shallow grooves that run across a surface, creating texture and interest."

“We’re seeing more demand for fluted bathroom products as they add three-dimensional elements to bathroom design that can otherwise be quite stark. While fluting can add character and quirkiness, it doesn’t overpower a space and is instead classic and understated, making it one of the biggest trends going into 2023.”

4. Thoughtful splashbacks

Gray and pink bathroom with clear splashback to inspire the latest bathroom trend

While kitchen splashback ideas are a priority for most designs, often in bathrooms they are forgotten about – but they are just as essential, if not more so because of how often we splash water

around.

Thankfully bathroom splashbacks are back in fashion for cloakroom designs this season, “With a growth in demand for stylish yet practical bathrooms we believe splashbacks shouldn’t be limited to just kitchens," says Claire O’Brien, head of design at Splashback. “Individuals shouldn’t have to compromise on style to protect their walls, stylish bathroom splashbacks are perfect for those that want a reliable design that does the job while adding a sleek sophistication to their bathrooms."

Comments (2)

• PRO
    HouseReno
    last year

I agree with all these trends, black metal, marble and gold seems to be a big trend. Everyones loving the cosy wooden vibes aswell, just depends on your personal preference

• Jeem VL
    10 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

Hey there! Thanks for sharing the top bathroom trends of 2022. It's always exciting to see how interior design evolves. I must say, the idea of bathroom fireplaces sounds fantastic! It adds a touch of luxury and coziness to the space. It's handy for me, as I'm looking for a house to buy. I am thinking of contacting Mortgage Broker in Gilberdyke to help with my mortgage question, and I can't wait to live in my own house. I would love to have such a modern bathroom there.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.