szhr27

Blinds headache!

S Z
last year

Hi guys! It’s winter and the heating is on - I moved into this house in the summer so have only just realised this dilemma - my curtains are all long and all my windows have radiators underneath. I hate short curtains so I guess it’s blinds for me - however my windows don’t have much of a recess so do these have to all be installed outside the recess?

I was hoping to add cornicing but the windows are so high already - I guess having a blind outside of the recess will eat up into that room above too.

Any ideas on what blinds would suit these windows? I’m thinking Roman blinds? This is the living room but my bedroom has an identical one. The other side of the house has more of a recess so I can fit some inside if I wanted.

Comments (10)

• siobhanmcgee90
    last year

Agree Roman blinds outside the recess would be perfect.

• User
    last year

It's autumn, not winter. Yes to Roman blinds 😉

• Eileen Nixon
    last year

Try shutters, shouldn’t be too expensive for a small window.

• Carol Cahill
    last year

You could try perfect fit blinds also known as intu blinds or directories blinds. 

They fit into the window frame and don't take much light off. They are easy to fit. We've had these a few years now and they've  been a great solution.

• Carol Cahill
    last year

It should have said directorder blinds.

• User
    last year

I have both perfect fit and intu blinds. They are different. Intu don't have the external frame

• stephandwayne
    last year

We have perfect fit pleated thermal blinds- don’t take up much space on the window frame and keep in the heat well.

• angiecad
    last year

Roman blinds outside the recess are fine. If you hang them quite high above the window they don’t cut out the light when they are open.

• PRO
    The Living House
    last year

Hi S Z, roman blinds would work well, they look smart and are timeless. You could opt for a self stack rather than a waterfall stack it would block less light.

If you would like any guidance and help with your home, we are an affordable online interior design company offering expert advice with affordable packages. Heres the link to our website if you would like to take a look - https://www.thelivinghouse.co.uk/

You may also find our Facebook group community helpful, its another place to ask questions and gain free advice from like minded interior lovers and us as experts! Here is the link if you would like to join - https://www.facebook.com/groups/interiorhomedesignadviceandsupportuk,

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.