elizabeth_welch5547942

house vs location

Liz W
last year

I’m torn between 2 houses.

One is a cottage style 1910 3 bed semi with very small dimensions and tiny garden - but on a beautiful prestigious road. It’s one of the smallest houses on the road with lots of big detached houses around it. Asking price is £235k, needs about £50,000 spending on it.

The other is a beautiful 1930s detached 4 bed house which needs nothing doing it it. However it’s on a road full of really run down 1950s semis and there’s a privately owned bowls club behind it which I’m terrified might get sold to a property developer as was the case for some land opposite it. Asking price is £310k but about £3k to spruce up slightly.

What would you choose? Space and large detached but iffy road or cosy and compact semi on a great road?

Obviously these houses are in the North…

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.