fanny_durand

Family Room vs Dining room

Fanny Durand
last year
last modified: last year

Hello everyone,

After years of saving we finally got a house with a family room :) , but now I am thinking I would like to switch the dining room and the family room. Reasons:

-The existing dining room has a window with no view / view of the neighbor wall -> if this is a family room for the kids/husband to watch tv they dont care of the view

-To get to the dining room from the kitchen you have to walk through the powder room/guest bathroom -> if this is the family room, being next to the powder room seems fine to me

-There is a deck out of the family room -> if this was a dining room and we barbeque there we could bring the food and eat in the dining room

-Possibility that maybe in the future i could knock the wall from the kitchen to the 'new' dinning room and perhaps have an island there

But I am not sure if this will look bad ? the 'new' dinning room space might be too big ? there will be a fireplace in the 'new' dinning room?

Any advice is welcomed!

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.