victorianrenov227

What goes with a sputnik chandelier?

Hi all

We have a standard small victorian open living room / dining room layout, all in very pale blue/grey (very scandi vibe). I've put this sputnik chandelier as the ceiling light in the dining room and it looks great, and I also have a matching floor lamp in the opposite corner of the living room for reading.

Chelso - 6 light brass and opal pendant | Lights & Lamps (lightsandlamps.com)

However, I'm now struggling with the ceiling light in the living room - I tried just putting up a standard beige linen drum lampshade but it looked quite dowdy; I then tried putting up the same sputnik chandelier but it made the room completely overcrowded. (It sort of works if I remove the floor lamp and just have the two matching chandeliers, but it's a shame as we love the floor lamp for reading.)

Any ideas? Right now I'm thinking either (1) put in a white paper or glass globe lampshade in the living room or (2) keep both chandeliers and replace the floor lamp with something like a rattan lamp or just plain linen. But any ideas would be really helpful before I waste any more money on testing lampshades..!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.