isunhita

Stained Glass window as a feature

Sun I
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello, currently doing a rennovation on our new (old) 1930s Arts & Crafts house. We have 2 beautiful stained glass windows in our lounge on either side of a fire place. They are on an East facing wall which runs alongside neighbours side fence, with trees obstructing sunlight, so not so bright there.

I'm wondering how to make these more of a feature with some soft lighting - any ideas? There will also be a tv in the corner on the same side so we would sit watching tv with the windows in front view. And wouldn't want to be distracted form any strong lighting to the windows.

We are at first fix stage and need to decide in next week!

1) Was thinking to mimick the sun from outside in to get shadowing on floor. But too difficult and probably costly.

2) Thought of spotlights, but however subtle, may be distracting and glare-y.

3) Thought of subtle strip led light above or below, but would have to find a way to disguise them.

4) Best option seems to be a very small low light upward spot lights - either in the middle of the window sil, or one on each edge of the window sil...

Any other thoughts?? Please?!

Thanks

(PS I will post more pleas for ideas throughout the build so will be grateful for ideas!)

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.