webuser_11045911

Dining Room - Before and after

This Dining Room project was so much fun! The space before was all magnolia and not very loved.⁠
My main brief was to bring warmth and colour in and create a cosy but fresh space for the family to get together everyday. ⁠
I incorporated the existing artwork (my motto is ‘Start with the art’) and had a Sunset/Moroccan palette in my mind from when I first set eyes on the space. The room is South facing so I knew that I could be bold with colours. I wanted to incorporate different shapes (you see that circles and rectangles are dotted throughout the room in different guises) and textures whilst creating a harmonious room which all works together effortlessly. ⁠

The furniture and accessories are from a range of shops to keep within the given budget, mixing pricier pieces with more affordable items. I knew that the main point of this room was for it to be a place that the family sit and eat together, so the table and chairs was the biggest splurge.⁠

Dining Room After

Dining Room Before

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.