webuser_433639666

Pro Painters taking about a month to complete job

HU-433639666
2 years ago

ey guys! My husband and I hired a professional painter and his team to paint some rooms in the new place were moving into - they arent painting the full interior, just three bedrooms, the respective three bathrooms, and the kitchen - but we’re facing a bit of a dilemma now. It totalled about $8,900 and they began working on the 17th of September.

Fast forward, it’s now October 5th, and I was notified that the job probably wouldn’t get done until the end of NEXT week which would bring it to basically a month since they started. This wouldn’t be as frustrating if it wasn’t throwing off the timeline of us getting moved in drastically ( we wanted to hire a cleaning service to do a deep clean of the place before we moved in since the old owners left it without one being done and obviously something like that is necessacary in areas like the bathroom, kitchen, etc.) and we have to be out of our current place and all moved in in about three days. He told us we’d have to just work around the rooms that aren’t completed, but seeing as the bathrooms and the kitchen are those areas it’s going to be difficult to get situated around that comfortably.

There were random issues during the job as well - a bedroom turning out a bright purple instead of a taupe, the bathroom getting painted in the wrong color (Behr’s Vanilla Milkshake is yellow, while PPG’s Vanilla Milkshake is a taupe-y color. Easy mistake, I understand, but we specified PPG for that exact reason and it was overlooked it seemed when the paint was being ordered). Both these issues were later resolved, but with a lot of defensiveness and lack of apology on their end but we were happy that it was taken care of in the end.)

Long story short, have you ever had getting rooms painted take about a month to complete? This is our first time hiring professionals for something like this so we have nothing else to compare it too. The payments are still being requested as normal, and the touch-up and cleanup portion has yet to be done with uneven lines, splotches, colored paint on white trim, so the house doesn’t feel move-in ready even though we now have no choice. If this timeline is a very typical timeline then we’ll just make sure to factor in a month for future jobs, and if it isn’t, how would you guys have handled something like this? Apologies for the long read, and thank you in advance!

Comments (5)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.