sarah_robson92

Large window advice please

Sarah Robson
2 years ago

Due to the increasing costs for renovating our new home - a Victorian villa, we are looking at saving money where we can.
Originally we were putting french doors in this space. Involving moving soil stack / drain and new patio back steps. Huge lintel etc .
I am thinking of keeping a back door where door is now & the window moved lower to become a size matching the door size but this be a large pane of glass to the floor. All doors & windows are being replaced.
This is the middle section of a large kitchen diner living across the back of the house.
We have two large windows where sink will be to the left of the inside picture and in the living area, to right, there are already french doors that have windows either side, so I have plenty of ventilation
Doing the single door & large glass option saves us a significant amount but wanted to know if there are any pitfalls / glass requirements or thoughts about this. Thanks

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.