dippitydoppitydoo

Lovely bright, but awkward living room

dippitydoppitydoo
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello all, I moved into a colonial style fixer upper home almost a year ago with my husband and two kids. We have been slow, but have been doing the majority of the aesthetic work ourselves. However, now that I’m ready to add furniture and decorate I have found I have too many ideas and find myself a little bit all over the place. I have some really awkward empty spaces. I used to have more plants in here & that helped, but what didnt was my one year old just loves digging his hand in… and you can imagine the rest. I would like to reintroduce my plants as the season changes and this is the best spot in the house. Is there a way to bany proof them without making things hideous?

I put the outdoor bench inside temporarily for more seating and plan to remove it.

I had a tv stand , but it was old and cheap looking and then it became a hazard for my one year old

. I was thinking maybe a slim console to put underneath? toy storage ideas maybe?

I was also thinking of a side table(s) in between the tree and the sofa, maybe another one on the other side…. or waiting until i find maybe two chairs to put where the bench is. I also dont know if im crazy for thinking this, but two chairs and a small bistro style table where the bench is? Im just overwhelmed with the space and the choices out there. Last Last, but not least I need to keep toys there and dont really want a coffee table right now unless it is wild child friendly, as it doubles as a playroom.

In summery:

please help fill awkward spaces in corners, walls.

If you have any ideas for yellow OR pink family color decor, accent furniture etc.

Please help! Thanks!

Comments (16)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.