irina_lenchuk

Best light gray for a small and very bright living room

Irina Lenchuk

Hello everyone,
Would like to ask for an advice.
I’ve just moved in to a beautiful new built flat.

It is small and crispy white – I think Dulux brilliant white, which looks lovely, but a bit too bright and also difficult to maintain. So I’m planning to repaint it.

The flat is a one bed flat and has lots of light. The bedroom has a huge window which is also a door to the terrace. And the living room/kitchen has two big windows and white glossy kitchen cupboard. Living room windows is on the south façade, bedroom is on the north, and they are connected by a sliding door.

I wanted to have a blue gray color in the bedroom and light gray (with no beige or green undertone, possible with blue ones) in the living room.

I’ve looked through Benjamin Moore colours and ordered several samples.

This is what I’ve got:

• Glass Slipper – looked greenish so I didn’t like it

• Constellation – also looked more greenish than blue.

• First Snowfall looks absolutely gorgeous light blue-gray and I’m definitely getting this one for the bedroom

• Polar Sky – seemed to vivid blue for me – wanted a more pastel look
• Whirlpool – looked nice and I would probably consider it for the living room, but I think it is too close to the First Snowfall.

• Bunny Gray – looks like nice gray and so far is my favorite for the living room/kitchen.

Attached are pictures of the flat and of the samples. From the samples (last picture) Bunny Gray is the top left, First Snowfall – on the left below, and Whirlpool on the right.

My question and worry is, would Bunny Gray make my room smaller and isn’t it too dark? Should I probably go for Whirlpool, Misty Gray or Full Moon? The last ones are almost white and I do really want light gray wall a bit contrasting the white kitchen and windows.

What would you recommend?

Would very much appreciate any tips.
Thanks a lot!

Comment (1)