claire_brougham

Living room- I'm afraid I'll get it wrong!!

Claire *
10 years ago
I am getting ready to decorate my new house, a modern bright house. However, I'm a little afraid of getting the living room all wrong. I have an Indian Canvas4 ft long by twoand a half foot high that I got stretched and it is stunning, I love it. I think it would be good as the starting point for decorating the room, but I'm not sure. I want a cosy, inviting room. The room has a window seat which I will need to get made up with fabric and a grey/black modern solid fuel stove. The ceiling is high with two oak beams and a velux between them. One wall is basically all window. The window frames are a natural oak colour on the inside

I was thinking of the following combo.....
neutral beige carpet,
two chocolate brown sofas from IKEA http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/10205218/
canvas above the window seat (the windows are at each side of the seat)

But, what kind of fabric do I get for the window seats? I want cushions, what kind of colours do I go with.....What colour do I paint the walls?

There won't be curtains in this room as it's very private and budget is fairly limited.

Any help would be very much appreciated....

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.