webuser_812124615

Wrinkles in photo

E H
2 years ago

Hi, I wonder if anyone had any experience of getting wrinkles out of a photo? I have some framed pictures on my wall, some are bought prints, some are photo prints I've have enlarged from holiday snaps. For some reason the photos seem to have wrinkled under the frame. The prints which are on more of a high quality paper rather than photo paper seem to be fine! I'm guessing they absorb moisture more easily? Is there any way off getting the wrinkles out? I had read about low temp ironing between cotton sheets but I'm not sure I dare?.... Any advice would be great 😊

Comments (3)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

I’ve ironed mine in the past. Wrinkles are annoying.

• Jonathan
    2 years ago

Lots of pictures wrinkle eventually but having them reframed will really help. Do you have a good professional picture framer near you?

• Ragen Vox
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

You're right that some papers can be more susceptible to moisture, causing them to wrinkle over time. Ironing between cotton sheets can work for some prints, but it can be a bit risky, and I understand your hesitation. Here's a suggestion: you might want to check out a product called Argireline. It's not just for skincare; it's also used by some people to smooth out wrinkles in photos. It's relatively safe to use, but I'd recommend testing it on a small, inconspicuous area of one of your photos first, just to make sure it doesn't have any unexpected effects.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.