djn80

Ciranova Pink Blocker-advice needed please!

Elle Nolan
3 years ago

Hoping y’all can help me. We recently installed red oak flooring, and now due to a water leak I have the opportunity to choose a different stain color than the previous special walnut. I’m wanting lighter but obviously that is difficult due to the pink hues from the red oak.

I bought ciranova’s pink blocker and tested it out. It definitely took away the pink hue. If I decide to not stain them, does my contractor just then seal with a waterbased poly (I believe he uses street shoe)? Ciranova’s website said to first seal with a waterbased sealant - is that required, and if so, any suggestions for types?

If I decide to stain, would we seal with a waterbased sealant first, then stain, then waterbased poly?

Thank you so much for any advice! My contractor is swamped with jobs here in TX due to all the water leaks from frozen pipes so
I think he’s quickly losing his patience with me.

Comments (31)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.