Bathroom downlighting?

HU-872635651

Hope someone can advise on best way forward. I have 5 pre existing bathroom down lights in place however I am unable to change the GU10 bulbs in 3 of them as the metal casings have completely seized, presumably due to many years of shower condensation. I have taken down the casing and unplugged the G10 Bulb from the fitting. The light casing reads “HALOLITE HA-DLM412 240V AC 50Hz Lamp Max 50W GZ/GU10 IP45 0.5m” I have searched online for like for like replacements however they are no longer produced.

Would it be acceptable to purchase IP65 downlights instead and would these be compatible and safe with the pre existing

fittings that hang down from the ceiling or is this a job best left for an electrician. Please see photos. Many thanks in advance.

• Daisy England

I would ask a local electrical store. Take your photos and whatever you can detach from the light. We have an electrical trade store 5 miles away. The staff are very knowledgeable and it stands a chance you may also have a local similar store?

HU-872635651 thanked Daisy England
  • Daza

replacing them with IP rated ones is the best idea. the connector hanging down is part of the existing so that would be removed for the new one to connect to wiring further back which hopefully has enough slack to pull through the hole. An easy job for an electrician.

HU-872635651 thanked Daza
  • HU-872635651

Many thanks for your advice Daisy and Daza, I have an electrician booked to instal up to date IP rated downlights in their place.