henryb_turner_ward

rectangular bedroom redesign

I’m going to post measurements later but will create a picture for you now. I live in a small flat with my girlfriend and we’re looking to rejig a few items in our bedroom.

Previously. If you picture the door entrance on the bottom left side of the rectangle and then turn left 90degrees then you can view the whole room. There is a window which is on the right (from where you’re standing) and opposite is a plain wall. Opposite where you’re standing is the entrance to our bathroom and then of course behind yourself is another wall. So getting the jist of where things are structurally.... we now of course have to speak about furniture. The bed is in the middle of the room opposite the window. There are two rails which hold clothes either side of the room( one next to bathroom and one next to end wall). There’s a chest of drawers to the left of the bed and on either side is a bedside table with lamps. Other than that there’s a chest containing our linen etc.

The bedroom itself feels a bit cramped and dis functional, and at the best of times when it’s tidy it just looks cluttered and messy. I’m thinking serious repositioning of furniture is needed. I have thought about placing the bed in the middle of the room but placing the headboard opposite the bathroom door and still with bst either side and with the trunk at the foot of the bed. We have also tried to move the bed where one of the rails was but it doesn’t fit well so we’re just toying with positions and ideas at the mo. Pictures will be posted later and suggestions welcome.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.