agprojecthome_

shelving composition

Aaron Griffin
3 years ago

I have been struggling with shelving compositions for some time now? Especially with the structure/design of this one, it was previously loaded with my intense dvd collection but realised it definitely needed an upgrade to suit the decor of my lounge... what are your thoughts on this??

Comments (7)

• Daisy England
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Do you mean what do we think of how you’ve re-arranged it? If so, I think that’s nice.

• Aaron Griffin
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Indeed, that is what I mean .. it’s not something that is wowing me at the minute? Perhaps it’s because of the clash of objects ?? That don’t really work together??

• C D
    3 years ago

Not sure what to suggest... but I think the first 2 shelves (top and middle) work well.
    Maybe bottom one need something more substantial ? Feels a bit bare that last one.

• Wumi
    3 years ago

If you fill that vase with a nice full plant and a few more books on the bottom shelf, I think it'd be more balanced.

• minnie101
    3 years ago

I think the top shelf needs more height with the bust. A spiky succulent would reference the pineapple (assume it‘s a plant holder!). The bottom shelf needs more filling. You could prop art (plus add a plant) and maybe reference the brass again in some way . It may work better swapping the plant to the other side

• minnie101
    3 years ago

• Sonia
    3 years ago

I think it’s really good. I have two big bookcases full of books and CDs so I do struggle to keep it looking good. I agree the book on the bottom shelf looks lonely so add a few more. A plant is good and a succulent, whether it’s tall or short, will look good. I think the snake plant (was called mother-in-laws tongue!) is tough and very hard to kill, only needs a water once a month, may sit well on the bottom shelf.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.