As homes take on more open shared space, lighting & lighting control can play a big part in the out come of interior design. With lounge/kitchen/dining spaces becoming the norm, traditional lighting is heavily constrained by the switch numbers on the wall. Add to this multi-way switching and before long you have ugly grid panels popping up everywhere.
To free the constraints & create beautiful lighting schemes, single space or whole home control systems can be deployed. By shifting away from switching each circuit manually you can now create moods or scenes. Create a lighting mood for a specific task like cooking, entertaining or watching TV, and recall those pre-saved levels time & time again.
Irrespective of how many switched or dimmed circuits are being controlled, a single gang size switch is more than enough to do it all. Just ask yourself, when was the last time you saw a light switch in an interrior design photo shoot? For those in the home control business this "wall acne" can spread quickly when you add in heating thermostats, blind/shading control, velux controls - clean walls is where its at.

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.