forzaitalia

Show us your gardens!

Sonia
15 days ago

Hi all, I’d love to see a shot of your gardens, not so much close up of flowers, but more of a favourite part of the garden. This rain has really brought my garden to life after such a dry spring. This is most of my garden (it’s not big!) in the rain today. 🌸

• Jane Robertson
    15 days ago

My wee summer house my favourite bit of my small terraced garden

Best Answer
  • Carolina
    12 days ago

You're right Sonia, UK Houzz is a very friendly community.

Molly, love your water feature corner with the wall and ferns. Beautiful! My tomatoes aren't ripe yet. Takes ages this year. But I can make courgette soup for 50 thousand people ;-)

• Related Discussions

• Sonia
    12 days ago

Carolina my dad used to grow courgettes but often they grew into tasteless and watery marrows! Even my poor mum, who was a brilliant cook, couldn’t make them tasty! So many dogs rip their cruciate ligaments, think it’s all that running and twisting. Hope she makes a speedy recovery Molly 😊

• Carolina
    12 days ago

They do seem to double in size daily 😱 I always sow way too many plants, give some away and still end up with courgettes in every meal 😄 I try to pick them when they are small, check the plants every day. But even then there’s always a sneaky one that hides and then suddenly is bigger than I’d like. Never had a humongous one though.
    Hope your dog recovers quickly and without problems, Molly

• E D
    12 days ago

Sonia, re Facebook, I only use a Facebook account for my work, but my OH had to take drastic measures with hers for the same reason you mention...

But yea, Houzz seems a friendly place to be. 🙂

• Daisy England
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

I’ll not do the picture but I’ll give you a clue to the noise ...... coo coo, coo coo, coo coo. Darn things and then they land on the garden room roof in hob nail boots 😡

• Sonia
    12 days ago

Haha those pesky pigeons Daisy! I’m wildlife obsessed but pigeons are total thugs and eat the little birds food, so I now only feed in hanging feeders so they can’t get to it. My sister has pigeons nesting under her solar panels! She has booked someone to board it so they can’t get under them. They are just a nuisance only fit for a pie. 🤬

Lisa Costa Sales & Lettings
    10 days ago

My Happy Place 😊

Lisa Costa Sales & Lettings
    10 days ago

My Happy Place 😊

• Emma
    10 days ago

A couple of my favourite spots in the garden during lockdown

• hil75
    10 days ago

We had major hard landscaping work done on our garden (there was a huge swimming pool to remove/fill/in) over the winter, which was finished just before lockdown. We were able to get to the garden centre just in time, and have done lots of online shopping too. The garden has been a godsend and is now really losing the hard edges and looking a bit more ‘mature’!

we kept the shape of the shallow end as a sunken seating area. It’s a real sun trap!

• hil75
    10 days ago

We like that colour paint too Emma!!

• Denise greycott
    9 days ago

Our decking came alive during lockdown

• hil75
    9 days ago

Hi is that grey composite decking I see, or is it painted wood? Looks lovely, btw!

• Denise greycott
    9 days ago

Its painted wood

• delyth price
    9 days ago

We built our greenhouse over the back door so we walk into it from the house, it is an ‘Elite Greenhouse’

• HU-32946617
    9 days ago
    last modified: 9 days ago

After a 17 month wait our builder was finally free to start the transformation that we had designed to our small garden...

From this...

To this...

Sitting out anywhere in the garden is now the best place to be.

• greenbird177
    9 days ago

Gorgeous.... what are the plants in large plant pots???

• Sonia
    9 days ago

Wow lots of amazing gardens, thank you!

Lisa - your happy place is beautiful.

Emma - lovely garden and who doesn’t love sage green in the garden!

hil75 - beautiful garden, better than a swimming pool! Love your paving.

Denise - gorgeous, a perfect outdoor room.

Delyth - great idea, it means you can get out there whatever the weather.

HU - what a transformation - love your stonework.

• pdando
    9 days ago

May favourite place for a morning coffee at the top of the garden.

• Carolina
    8 days ago

Very idyllic :-)

• Sonia
    8 days ago

Beautiful.

• E D
    8 days ago

That’s lovely, pdando.

I like a bit of blue in the garden...

• E D
    8 days ago
    last modified: 8 days ago

And a bit of pink...

and orange...

😊😊

Sorry Sonia, close ups of flowers ☺️

• Sonia
    8 days ago

That’s okay E D I’ll let you off. That orange is stunning 😊

• Victoria
    8 days ago

Dutch orange 😂🙄😉👍🏻

• Angela Haggart
    8 days ago

My parents’ garden. Both in their eighties and this is only part of it. Keeps them both fit!

• Sonia
    4 days ago

@Patrina there was a beautiful garden on Gardeners World tonight created by a Jamaican lady in Wales, of all places. She built it to remind her of home. It was stunning. It was about 50 minutes in. Worth a look. Hope you are okay 🌸

• Patrina
    4 days ago

Oooh I have to check to see if I can get it on catch up. Thanks @Sonia

• Sonia
    3 days ago

Angela their garden is lovely! I envy older people who still garden so much as I’m very limited what I can do due to arthritis, but my OH does all the heavy work now.

• Evelyn Moorkens
    3 days ago

My garden

• Mandy Ross
    3 days ago

@Evelyn Moorkens what a beautiful quilt ❤️

• Sonia
    3 days ago

@Evelyn Moorkens beautiful array of colours in your garden, and I agree the quilt is stunning!

• Evelyn Moorkens
    2 days ago

Thank you so much!

• E D
    2 days ago

Evelyn, all those flowering plants, fantastic!

Must take quite a watering regime! 🙂

Is that a ‘wild garden’/meadow area at the back? Nice.

• alyson38
    2 days ago

What a great post. Some of my favourite aspects of my garden...

• Angie
    2 days ago

This is our garden. The fence round the pond is necessary or the heron has a snack! We lost 2 large koi a couple of winters ago. 😢 We’re lucky to have a field at the end of the garden and have removed some fence panels to make the most of the view. We’ve spent hours out here in lockdown and love our garden.

The fruit patch has yielded copious quantities of raspberries, redcurrants, and blackcurrants this year, and the rhubarb is still going strong. The cut flower patch is not as good this year, hidden behind the trellis on the right, but have had some flowers indoors.

Have enjoyed seeing all your garden pics, thank you.

Angie

• Sonia
    2 days ago

You have a stunningly gorgeous garden Angie! I know what you mean about herons, they can empty a fish pond pretty quickly. I have a small raised pond with goldfish in it and they are my babies. As soon as I go up there they go crazy because they know mummy feeds them! How sad am I 😊 How lucky to have a deck over a river too. I too have enjoyed looking at everyone’s garden from the tiniest courtyard to acres. I love it all 🌸

• E D
    2 days ago

Yes Sonia, Queen of Houzz, you know how to start a good thread and keep it going. Nice one! 👌

I’m not necessarily a royalist, but in this case I’m happy to be a subject. 😄

Sonia thanked E D
  • Sonia
    2 days ago

Sorry Alyson and Angie, I got your posts mixed up. Poor old dear having a senior moment! Alyson has the river deck not Angie......😱

Haha arise Sir E D! 😂

• Angie
    2 days ago

Sonia, I thought you were referring to more than one garden! 😂 And I know what you mean about feeding the fish. Whenever we go near the pond they congregate in the corner, mouths gaping. Our granddaughters love to see and feed them too. 🐟 And thank you for your kind comments. 😊

• GJ Dee
    2 days ago

So many beautiful gardens. Ours is like a building site. Angie, it would be nice to see the fruit plots as well as I am interested in setting up some beds, if you have any photos please.

• mattweeksdj
    2 days ago

these are all looking great. interested to know how you planted all of your shrubs? they all look close and fill the beds, did you plant them this way or have they grown to fill the space? desperate for that mature looking garden feel.

• Sonia
    2 days ago

Hi Matt, with my garden it evolved. Everything was planted at different times with pretty small plants. We left a bit of space around each plant, say 10-12”, but they soon spread and fill the gap. Tall shrubs will need more space. It is trial and error and I have had failures. If I end up with gaps I just go out and get more plants to fill them. If you want a more “instant” garden then plant flowers in threes or even fives and buy bigger specimen shrubs, but of course they will cost more. There is a gardening motto “Right plant, right place” so if you plant sun lovers in the sun and shade lovers in the shade, you’re halfway there!

• Angie
    yesterday

GJDee, here are some pics of our fruit patch. It’s not really big enough, but it is productive. We have a redcurrant, blackcurrant and 2 shrub raspberry bushes, with 4 heads of rhubarb. It’s a bit wild just now! The self sown raspberry plants I’m cultivating for our daughter.

• Angie
    yesterday

Matt, our garden too has evolved. Here are some photos taken just after it was planted and some taken today to show how things have developed. It looks a lot less busy in the spring as I cut lots back to keep it under control.

• Davie Moloney
    yesterday

Not much to see in my garden at the moment. Moving into our new home in a few weeks. So many possibilities with a blank canvas. Love all the different gardens on this post.

• Emma
    yesterday

@Davie Maloney That looks like a good sized garden, have you got a plan for landscaping & planting it yet?

• Davie Moloney
    yesterday

Emma. Nothing concrete as yet. Some loose ideas around screening trees, decking etc

• Leslie Tamani
    yesterday

Check the top soil is good
    Invest in some height giving plants/trees
    Think of bees and insects / drought resistance and low maintenance
    Raised hard landscape around decking - for bbq/pizza oven

• Davie Moloney
    yesterday

Thanks Leslie. Some great suggestions in there. The bees are important and of course that bbq/ pizza oven. It’s going to be exciting