chandan_ac

Dilemma over keepingEntrance to Garden view or an extra bedroom !!

Chandan
3 years ago

We are in the middle of an extension work and have reached a stage where a decision on the layout has to be made.

We have almost finalized on this below plan till we saw some reality show which showed the effect of a through entrance and how the architects were going on about the through entrance being the trend and the view of garden from entrance is so appealing.

Now it has made us think :)

Original Plan below and why we like it :

Entrance to door is around 16ft /5m

Rear extension is 6m one so its quite big

Gives us the option of a decent size utility and 4th bedroom /office room

Through entrance plan :

1. Entrance to garden view is quite nice ( almost 15m)

2. Makes the layout very simple and modern

3. :( we will loose the 4th bedroom and possibly the utility room which can go into the 4th bedroom area

4. Directly exposes the kitchen island when we open the main door which can be problem esp when kitchen is not very tidy

Is through entrance such an appealing thing ? Has anyone got it done and regret it ? Is it worthy of sacrificing a 4th bedroom ?

Thoughts and Advice please :)

Plan with entrance to Kitchen via Dining
Plan with Thorough entrance to Kitchen

Comments (19)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.