maplelane123

Kitchen island length - help please!!!

maplelane123

So I have learned that my kitchen design in the new build of my townhome has resulted in my kitchen island having a seam in the countertop, which I am not a fan of, and wanted to get your thoughts. I am told by the kitchen company that if I do not wish to have a seam, I would need to shorten the island to around 118” in length, which means I would lose around 20” of countertop (10” on either side) and one full cabinet. Photo below is without it being shortened. Seam or shorter island? And I would ideally like to sit 5 people at the island -Can/should I go even shorter than 118"? Thoughts?

I need to get back to the developer today latest so please appreciate any thoughts.

Comment