webuser_722685021

Single ovens next to each other...but not under hob...

Jane
4 years ago

Hi,

I would like to place two single ovens next to each other, under the worktop, on the right hand side of our kitchen, but keep the hob in the centre of the back wall with wide pan drawers underneath. Is this weird? It always seems to be that ovens either get stacked in a tower or are put under the hob. But I feel like this would work better for us. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jane

Comments (10)

• Patrina
    4 years ago

I think it will look a bit odd but that is because the we are naturally conditioned to see kitchens laid out in a certain way. If having your ovens laid out side by side and off centre with your hob works for you, I say go ahead.

• rinked
    4 years ago

If they're on another wall, why not? I have customers who are quite happy with their oven below counter and not under the hob. It's not common, but a kitchen should be personal. If it works for you, go for it!

• Jane
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks both. Yes surely if it makes the layout of everything else work better then it’s ok? Just wasn’t sure if there was a glaring reason why we shouldn’t.

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

I don't think it would be odd and if that's what you want, it's your kitchen go for it.

However, since we've had ours at waist height, I'd honestly say, I would never go back to having to bend down to an oven if I could help it. It makes it so much easier, especially if you're short like me, I always had trouble bending and then trying to reach into the depths of the oven of our old cooker.

• Jane
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks Ribena Drinker. I'm short too and I'd love the waist/eye height ovens - I'm just not sure there's space in our kitchen! I need to look at it again I think, because it would be sensible.

• PRO
    P & P Maintenance Services
    4 years ago

If it works for you, then just do it.

• Gabby Wong
    4 years ago

Definitely go with what works best for you....

If you like the idea of having an eye level oven, but struggle for tall unit space, could you put one at undercounted height and one on top at worktop height? Use the top one most the time, and the lower one when you need both?

• Jane
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Interesting idea! So combine a low unit with a tall unit and do something clever to make it look ok in the middle?

• Gabby Wong
    4 years ago

I mean like have a tall unit but just put the 2nd oven underneath where the pink box is...
    The bottom of the ovens shown are at normal countertop height

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.