biloo_01

Open plan warehouse conversion Glasgow

Ballal Mirza
11 September, 2019

Hi guys

Below are some before and after shots of my apartment in Glasgow.

It's a large space and I wanted a big modular sofa for it. In the first 'after' shot, you can see how I had the sofa positioned as a single corner. In the last picture I changed up the positioning by splitting it in half to divide the space a little.

Still a lot to do here. Going to be posting some questions in the forum! Like a solution for the bottom of the built in shelving?! It is a funny size - 95cm wide 79cm hight. I wanted a bespoke cabinet but it's pretty expensive.

I also want to change the seating position so that it's opposite the windows but finding it hard to imagine the positioning of the v.large TV.

I also still have a lot of wall space I want to fill with art and I can finally get my green fingers going and get some more plants now.

• Ballal Mirza

Pictures didn't work here they are:

• Ellie

Love it, even more that you are from Glasgow too! Not many folk on here from Glasgow!

• Sonia

Looks great. You have a real flair for design. Photos on Houzz are very slow to upload zzzzz, just wait until they go from opaque to clear before hitting submit.

• Jules Mc

Love it already. You've turned what could have been a cold stark space into something warm and inviting .

• E D

Nice result. Stylish yet homely.

• Gabby

Wow! Very nice! I love the elephant!!

Ballal Mirza thanked Gabby
  • Sonia

Gabby I didn’t notice the elephant in the room! :-D

• Patrina

Looks great love your colour palate :-)

Ballal Mirza thanked Patrina
  • AMB

Lovely! Reall good colour scheme and the kitchen looks great. As you say, some well placed greenery will make it look better!

Ballal Mirza thanked AMB
  • Melissa S

Hello fellow Glaswegian! We’re in a tenement but I saw something in the Great Interior Design Challenge that I thought looked amazing in a double-height space. The guy stretched fabric over a canvas to make an oversized wall feature - simple but looked amazing! It’s on Netflix, S2 E14 if you’re interested!

Ballal Mirza thanked Melissa S
  • Ballal Mirza

Melissa - going to check it out now! Thanks