biloo_01

Open plan warehouse conversion Glasgow

Ballal Mirza
4 years ago

Hi guys

Below are some before and after shots of my apartment in Glasgow.

It's a large space and I wanted a big modular sofa for it. In the first 'after' shot, you can see how I had the sofa positioned as a single corner. In the last picture I changed up the positioning by splitting it in half to divide the space a little.

Still a lot to do here. Going to be posting some questions in the forum! Like a solution for the bottom of the built in shelving?! It is a funny size - 95cm wide 79cm hight. I wanted a bespoke cabinet but it's pretty expensive.

I also want to change the seating position so that it's opposite the windows but finding it hard to imagine the positioning of the v.large TV.

I also still have a lot of wall space I want to fill with art and I can finally get my green fingers going and get some more plants now.

Comments (11)

• Ballal Mirza
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Pictures didn't work here they are:

• Ellie
    4 years ago

Love it, even more that you are from Glasgow too! Not many folk on here from Glasgow!

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Looks great. You have a real flair for design. Photos on Houzz are very slow to upload zzzzz, just wait until they go from opaque to clear before hitting submit.

• Jules Mc
    4 years ago

Love it already. You've turned what could have been a cold stark space into something warm and inviting .

• E D
    4 years ago

Nice result. Stylish yet homely.

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Gabby I didn’t notice the elephant in the room! :-D

• Patrina
    4 years ago

Looks great love your colour palate :-)

Ballal Mirza thanked Patrina
  • AMB
    4 years ago

Lovely! Reall good colour scheme and the kitchen looks great. As you say, some well placed greenery will make it look better!

Ballal Mirza thanked AMB
  • Melissa S
    4 years ago

Hello fellow Glaswegian! We’re in a tenement but I saw something in the Great Interior Design Challenge that I thought looked amazing in a double-height space. The guy stretched fabric over a canvas to make an oversized wall feature - simple but looked amazing! It’s on Netflix, S2 E14 if you’re interested!

Ballal Mirza thanked Melissa S
  • Ballal Mirza
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Melissa - going to check it out now! Thanks

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.