karen_fitzgerald4099

Sooo indecisive.....Forever kitchen table in forever home

K Fitz
4 years ago

Hello all,

I’ve finally save up enough to replace my kitchen table but now that it’s crunch time I can’t make my mind up!

Pictures of existing kitchen below (sorry so dark and messy taken late after long day!)

Thing I have decided are:

1. Current table too large at 200cm so thinking 160/180cm but extendable up to 300cm (I live to cook for a crowd occasionally)
  2. Although there is oak in the room I’m not inclined to get an oak top, leaning towards grey ceramic, black glass (if not considered too dark) l wood look grey like the counter top or cement look like the lighter kitchen units
    3 I’m getting more of the Kartell Masters chairs in green, I have two now
  3. I want one central leg/pedestal rather than four legs

Things I can’t make my mind up on:

1. Table top material. Is black glass too dark/stark? Is ceramic grey overdoing on the grey? Is matching the countertop overdoing it (if I could even find one to match)?
  2. The base material...Crome to match bar stools, lights etc? Black painted metal to match match black steel internal windows (crittall style) in adjoins broken plan living room and other parts of the house or grey painted metal to match the windows (RAL 7019 I think)
  3. Will final choice look ok with the masters chairs???

I haven’t found anything I like in the local shops (except for one that was over €5k so a bit too rich for my blood) but have seen various in the web that I like. I wasn’t inclined to go for black painted glass until I realised that it often worked out more affordable than other option. I like the look of:

1. Bonaldo Octo
  2. Bonaldo Big
  3. Argus extending
    All on diotti.com (as well as other sites)

And the Bontempi Wonder Table on https://shop.mohd.it/en-eu/wonder-table.html

Obviously the more affordable the better but good quality and durability a must as this is the last table I’ll ever buy :)

Any help, or suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Karen

Comment (1)

• K Fitz
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Pictures of broken plan living room next door and close ups of counter and floor:

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.