huw_buckley

Min distance between gas hob and a side wall (no wall cabinets)?

Huw Buckley
5 years ago

Hi guys,

How much space would you leave between a 5 burner gas hob (Neff 70cm one) and a side wall? There won't be any wall cabinets round there, just a tiled or glass splashback wall on brick and plaster.

Comments (3)

• PRO
    AluSplash
    5 years ago

Hello Huw,

We usually recommend that a minimum set back distance of 30mm between the installed panel and the edge of the cooktop is adhered to.

We hope that helps with your query!

• Danielle H
    5 years ago

I don't know if there is an 'official' required distance but I would want to leave enough so you can turn a pan handle and have clearance without hitting the wall. Space to put a pan down would also be good and far enough so you're not bumping your elbow when cooking I guess!

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    5 years ago

Just had a quick look on the neff website installation download and for a 700 gas hob it says a minimum of 150mm is required between the cutout and a side wall, for a 700 hob the cut out is only 560mm so the hob is wider by 70mm each side, this leaves an 80mm gap between the hob top and a wall. But as stated above, having room for pan handles and space to put a pan down is a good idea. Best to look up the installation instructions for your hob model and see what it says or have a word with a gas safe engineer as you will need one to connect the hob safely.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.