sldurante

What type of paint should be used in a bathroom?

Sandra Durante
5 years ago

When I bought my home a few years ago, we had one bathroom painted, and after the painter finished I noticed some "drip marks" (for lack of a better word) when I looked at the wall at certain angles, depending on how the light hit it. I thought it was something the painter did wrong. Months later I noticed it in the other bathrooms as well (just not as obvious) and those rooms were painted by someone else, so then I realized the problem was always there. All the bathrooms have showers and a fan, but several painters have told me those drip marks were actually condensation probably caused from the showers. We are about to repaint and will prime to cover them up. What's the best paint finish to use for the walls to prevent this from happening again? Or keep it from happening for a long while? I tend to prefer Matte but would that be a mistake for a bathroom? Would egg shell be better for an issue like this? Or another finish? What about the type of paint for a ceiling? Suggestions welcome

Comments (11)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.