artdreamer

from an old toiletroom to an new toiletroom

artdreamer
5 years ago

We bought a house from 1898. The former owner unfortunately made a lot of bad renovations . So we had a small toilet in the seventies style, organge PVC floor and green toilet and also green vanity. It looked only terrible. We also founded out that the toilet moved....

so we decided to take out the floor and all this bad material.under the PVC-Floor we found a totally broken and wet (a water pipe was broken) parquet floor. So we had to take out everything...

We made a new beton floor in and everything, we made new. Now you can see the result:

thats it...

Artdreamer

Comments (20)

• PRO
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath
    5 years ago

Wow! What a difference!

artdreamer thanked Carolina Kitchen & Bath
  • artdreamer
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you very much, we dried the best. It is so nice to change the possibility to change the "picture" from a room.

I am atist and painter but I really like it to design rooms....Thank you for the nice answe

Artrdreamer

• mtsully
    5 years ago

Wow! What a beautiful transformation, it is so classic and stunning!

artdreamer thanked mtsully
  • artdreamer
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thanks a lot, I like to design it new...

• R M
    5 years ago
    Yes it IS stunning...
    artdreamer thanked R M
  • selcier
    5 years ago

Love the tile choice - very unique and relevant to the home's age

artdreamer thanked selcier
  • artdreamer
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you for the nice answers! We had a tile setter, an electrician and a Carpenter. The compilation of the tiles, the design and the vanity as also the toilett we organized ourselves.

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    5 years ago

Nice transformation! Looks so beautiful!

artdreamer thanked Stecki Construction
  • mycommenthere
    5 years ago

art dreamer - LOVE LOVE LOVE the toilet and the mirror. May I ask details on it (brand, where you purchased, etc.)?

artdreamer thanked mycommenthere
  • artdreamer
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Dear mycommenthere

thank you very much for the nice comment. Yes it is very simple: I bought the toilet and vanity by TB TRADITIONAL BATHROOMS GmbH, Deutschland. TB normally is made in England. This Company is a very old firm, but some German have a license to sell them. They have a company in Germany and they have also a company in Switzerland. Here I give you the Internet-adress:www.traditional-bathrooms.de or info@traditional-bathrooms.de But I am sure, that the company is also selling products in Great Britain and perhaps also in USA...that I do not know.

The mirror I bought on the rflea market, this kind of mirror here in Switzerland you kan find plenty of them. They was made ca. 1890 - 1920. I gilded the mirror myself it is so easy to do. When you need further help, let me know.

(excuse my english should <I have some mistake, it is for me a good excersice.

thank you

Artdreamer

• mycommenthere
    5 years ago

Artdreamer - You are so kind to send me the info. I didn't realize you are in Switzerland. Excellent English by the way! I'm located in California/USA, and most often the stores do not carry ornate items (unfortunately)! Am in LOVE LOVE with the toilet...and you did an absolutely fabulous job on the mirror. I'm an artist like you, but have never attempted gilding anything! Thank you again.

• artdreamer
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Dear mycommenthere

Here I send you a video about gilding. Since I have seen this video, I always need the 4 season from Vivaldi,when I am gilding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja2_9EKLk0A

We renovated also a kitchen and a showerroom. (the showerroom is

even more special. As soon I can I shall put the pictures also in..... the time is all time running ...

• mycommenthere
    5 years ago

Thank you for the video. Look forward to more pix from you!

• artdreamer
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you too, I shall do it

• PRO
    Laura Lee Designs
    5 years ago

Gorgeous!

artdreamer thanked Laura Lee Designs
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    5 years ago

Nicely done!

artdreamer thanked Mega Builders
  • palimpsest
    5 years ago

Very pretty.

artdreamer thanked palimpsest
  • tuckerdc
    5 years ago

What an awful mess that old space was! And what a wonderful transformation!! Great work!

artdreamer thanked tuckerdc
  • artdreamer
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yes, this is a photo from the last owner. We got the photo with the sales documents.,when we bought the house. The toilet was so bad, that I did n't make any photo at begin. When we moved in, we only wanted to make it again pretty.

Thank you for the compliments.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.