urbanmythkitchens

From Traditional to Trendy

Urban Myth
6 years ago
A recent client got in touch with us, thinking that it was finally time to update the kitchen that came with the house she moved into several years ago.

After a friend recommended Urban Myth, our client arranged for a home visit from a member of our design team. When our designer arrived, they were amused to note that the kitchen our client had reluctantly decided to change was one from Urban Myth, ordered over 15 years previously! It was in a traditional style with cabinet doors in Solid Maple and had really stood the test of time.

Even though our client was reluctant to let it go, she was very keen to have one of our modern updated designs. And knowing her existing kitchen had lasted so long, she was now even more confident in the quality of our product.

We are extremely proud of the results of this modern transformation. The new kitchen features our Urban Style handleless tall and wall units in Matt Lava Grey matched with Brilliant White gloss base units from the same range.

The seating area has been integrated into the peninsular kitchen island with a breakfast bar on one side to provide the perfect view of the cooking action. The addition of a down draft extractor provides uninterrupted clean lines to enhance the modern aesthetic and create a fantastic entertaining space.

Another feature included in this kitchen is the tambour/roller shutter unit. This hidden storage solution is perfect to conceal small appliances and maintain the sleek look of the modern kitchen. A socket can be placed inside the unit so that appliances don’t have to be moved far when in use.

What do you think of the transformation?

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.